Re: [OM] IMG: Slow Night

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Slow Night
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 16:27:32 -0500
I recall the fish & chips you had at The Narrows, and that you liked them. I
shall have to do more research, but typically, American fish & chips use chunks
of breaded fish, whereas in the UK, it looks like the whole fish, only nicely
filleted. There are differences in breading, too. UK seems to be more akin to a
light beer batter, which is my preference.

Portland is a foody town, but we don't eat there much because we keep running
into places that get raved about that leave us cold. Some of the famous diners
are that way. But you're right, if there's a place in Maine for fish & chips,
it ought to be Portland. Maybe one of the food trucks that are taking over down
there. We're almost never there for lunch.

My best fish& chips in the UK was at a restaurant in Stirling. The chips were
done Belgian style, and were divine. As was the ambiance of the chippie on the
wharf in Tobermory. I believe there's an image in my TOPE folder for Scotland
2015.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus. This is a perfect mobile device. Any perceived
errors in spelling, grammar, or logic are figments of your imagination.