Re: [OM] OM 135/2.8 and 1st photos of 2016

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 135/2.8 and 1st photos of 2016
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 19:59:06 -0500
A lens I've never owned and rarely thought of until you mentioned it here. I note that there are several on ebay from 139 use to $249 new-in-box. And another used at 269 with the 65-116 auto tube.

I just dropped $400 on the 60mm macro.  $139 sounds pretty cheap.

Chuck Norcutt

No one mentioned the OM 135/4.5 which does focus to infinity on the autotube.
It is an F4 lens really --at least for focusing.  I wonder how the performance
compares at infinity with the other Zuiko 135 's,
especially as it is a macro lens. I has a very large image circle that was
designed to be used on the Oly T-S bellows that never got off the drawing board
except at the secret WY factory.  I have such a bellows and use the 135 macro
on a Mirex T-S adapter as well. :-)

johnlind.tripod.com/omwyfactory.html

Mike