Re: [OM] How do I get a smarter camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] How do I get a smarter camera?
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 16:59:07 -0500
It's not the chemicals in the USA flour, it's the way the wheat has been
modified to grow shorter for more efficient harvests and to be resistant to
bugs and diseases.  It doesn't even resemble the wheat from Europe or
earlier USA wheat.  I find that the Einkorn ancient wheat does OK, too, but
the Italian wheat is so much better, it's worth ordering it from Amazon.

Homemade bread is always better and better for you than store-bought
bread.  I have to double my recipes so Tom can eat a whole loaf straight
from the oven.

Tina

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 4:52 PM, ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My wife has recently started making sourdough.  I read that it is much
> lower in gluten than bought bread and has a lower GI.  It’s also pretty
> tasty stuff and cheap (if you make it yourself).  It is easier to eat for
> all gluten-intolerant bodies, apparently.  I make no judgement about the
> chemicals in USA flour, of course.
>
> I can see us sticking to home-made bread from now on: we have used a
> Panasonic breadmaker for about 3 years but now sourdough is looking like
> the dominant bread.
>
> Chris
>

> > On 10 Jan 16, at 21:40, Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Has she tried Italian flour instead of USA flour?  I find it makes a
> > tremendous difference.  No celiac here either but arthritis doesn't know
> > that!  Avoiding gluten and almost all carbohydrates has made a huge
> > difference in my arthritis and I'm gradually losing weight.
> >
> > I don't like beer well enough to try a gluten-free variety but red wine
> > works fine for me!
>
> --

Tina Manley
http://tina-manley.artistwebsites.com/