Re: [OM] OM 135/2.8 and 1st photos of 2016

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 135/2.8 and 1st photos of 2016
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 12:40:21 -0800
Oh my. As I have said before, the first lens I got for my first camera, a
Pentax Spotmatic, after the 50, was a 135. I later moved on to Nikon...
My first camera as an "adult", i.e. I paid for it with money that I earned, was a Spotmatic + 28/3.5 +135/3.5. Those lenses were smaller than the Zuikos of the same FL which I picked up with my OM1 after selling the Pentax and they were at least as sharp. Made enough on the sale of the Pentax stuff to add the 50/3.5 macro to the kit. FWIW I prefer the 135 length. A decent short tele and also good for inconspicuous street shots. I always thought of the 100 as a portrait lens that was a bit too long and rendered a cardboard cutout look and not long enough for a telephoto. And with the 85 around it collected dust.

Mike