Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 1/1/2016: hangover cure

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 1/1/2016: hangover cure
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 15:01:54 -0800
On 1/2/2016 10:54 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
We celebrated New Year’s Eve in Alicante’s best restaurant, La Ereta. Just me, my wife and
our two children. Truth be told, I was not hung over on New Year’s Day morning since I was the
designated driver the night before. My wife and children, that’s another story ;-) Anyway, yesterday
we had a lunch/dinner at our place with our Spanish/French/Algerian friends. It was a great way to usher in
2016, and for once I got to use the tripod and the self-timer of my camera:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-mLRMgxF/A

Looks like fun, and nicely captured. No hangover worries here, as the beer drunk with pork tamales and my homemade guacamole was long gone by midnight. :-)

My cameras have WiFi control available, and it works well. But it's easier for simple stuff to stick the RC remote on the camera and the remote trigger in my pocket. That way, there's just the one button to push, no running back and forth and I'm not tempted to peer at the phone screen.

I do wonder, though, whether your success in getting everyone's eyes open and on the camera is that they are all looking at the flashing red self-timer light. I'll try to remember that as a tip.

Party of Two Moose