Re: [OM] OT: Serious Medical Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Serious Medical Question
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 09:34:56 -0600
>    Looking back at your original post it would seem you have had a recent
> uptick in visual floaters. If you have never had them before but are now
> having multiple floaters, I would strongly recommend you have a retinal
> exam. Also, you *are* at risk for glaucoma, everyone is at risk. It is
> usually in older persons but I've know plenty of people who came down with
> it in their 40's. It is usually asymptomatic, thus regular ocular pressure
> checks (about every two years) are recommended.

Detached retinas run in my family. Fortunately, It is usually fixable.
But it's one of those things that I need to keep an eye on. (ahem).

My whole life I've suffered from migraines as well as the occasional
eye-migraine. Those are very strange beasts. They can take several
forms, but one of the common ones is black and white zigzag like
patterns. It's like going to a KISS concert. In my case, an
eye-migraine will typically proceed a full-blown skull-crushing
migraine within 12-48 hours.

Floaters can also occur on the surface of the eye. If you suffering
from a fungal infection anywhere in your body, you can get tiny globs
of things cruising around on the surface of your eye. Eye-drops will
usually clear them out for a few minutes.

All-Seeing Schnozz