Re: [OM] OT: Serious Medical Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Serious Medical Question
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 07:55:20 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Chris,
>   Looking back at your original post it would seem you have had a recent
>uptick in visual floaters. If you have never had them before but are now
>having multiple floaters, I would strongly recommend you have a retinal
>exam.

     Aha!  I knew that if I brought this up on this list that I would soon get
a reply that would lead me to an understanding of what is taking place, and the
term "visual floaters" was the key.  I looked this up and found that this is
exactly what I am experiencing, and in my case it is probably nothing more than
a result of aging.

     Other causes listed were retinal detachment, head trauma, and other items
that would not be related to me.

     A very likely cause is called "vitreous detachment":

http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/v/vitreous_detachment/symptoms.htm#symptom_list

which sounds more to the point, especially since it is directly related to
flashes when moving the eyes, which I noticed this morning.  There doesn't seem
to be any immediate cause for alarm, but I will put a retinal exam on the list
of things to do once I get my medicare enrollment taken care of.

     Sure glad I brought this up here.  Now that I know what it is and have an
understanding, I can determine what needs to be done.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson