Re: [OM] another side of B&H

Subject: Re: [OM] another side of B&H
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 07:53:10 +0200
I have my annual leave, the 35 days, plus 18 public holidays plus weekends. I
officially work 40 hours a week but most weeks I work more than that. We have a
system like yours which allows employees to earn extra leave by working extra
but it does not apply above a certain level in the hierarchy, and I am above
that level.

Sick leave has nothing to do with any of that. If you are sick, you are sick.
Up to three days we self-certify, beyond that you get a doctor’s note and our
internal medical service decides on the length of absence. There is no annual
maximum but if someone is sick more than a certain (rather high) proportion of
time, then invalidity proceedings can be started, voluntary or not.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain