Re: [OM] Two down - Who said it was easy money?

Subject: Re: [OM] Two down - Who said it was easy money?
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 18:53:36 +0100
I’m not sure that you will now, Chuck.  I think that you’ve asked this
question, in form or other, several times and been dissatisfied with the answer.

LR is like Aperture, as I have mentioned before.  You import images,
individually or en masse into a library.  This library may contain the images
or it may contain only references to the images.  My image files all go into
the same folder for the year, but they are catalogued by Aperture: albums,
keywords, names, ratings and labels are all available.  LR will have similar
facilities.

But images that are already imported, whether referenced (held separately) or
managed (held in the library or catalogue) can be batch altered: by edit,
album, keyword, name, rating or label.  Nothing need remain the same after
import.

Once you have the files imported you can scan through them, rate them, label
them, reject them or delete them.  As Ken says, it’s very quick to look through
them, either at thumbnail size or at preview size (variable).

I don’t like LR, but Aperture might not work for much longer so I’ll have to
find something else; I’m sure that someone else will come up with a decent
alternative.

Chris