Re: [OM] (OY!) Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV

Subject: Re: [OM] (OY!) Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 11:27:12 -0500
I thought the RX10-II and RX100-IV use the same viewfinder system. As to
the video capabilities, both are excellent. You would find nothing lacking
in the RX10 of real worth.

You would find the RX10 to be more comfy to video record with because the
controls are designed for simultaneous adjustment of multiple parameters
during live recording, whereas the RX100 allows you to adjust pretty much
everything, but only one thing at a time. It's the nature of the beast. One
has a lot of physical controls, the other has buttons and one ring to share
functions.

But to the original requirement of being pocketable, the RX100 is certainly
the cat's meow. The sensor is just a hint smaller than 4/3, but the camera
remains very compact and doesn't have controls getting snagged.

I know that "high ISO" is the answer to everything now, but I'm just not
wanting an all-in-one lens that is as dim as this one is at the long end.

AG