Re: [OM] More Old Aeroplanes.

Subject: Re: [OM] More Old Aeroplanes.
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 14:09:41 +0100
Thanks, Ian.  It is more a “victory roll”, really, done with a nice high nose
and very gently.  The pilots used to say that it handled like a fighter, but
none of them was a fighter pilot . . .

It’s very unlikely that anyone would give permission for such a manoeuvre now.

Consider also that a Vulcan disintegrated during another show
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1958_Syerston_Avro_Vulcan_crash
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1958_Syerston_Avro_Vulcan_crash>> so it was
probably operating very close to its airframe limits in any manoeuvre like this.

Chris