Re: [OM] Monitor Calibration Rabbit Hole (This is very much On Topic)

Subject: Re: [OM] Monitor Calibration Rabbit Hole (This is very much On Topic)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 21:16:32 -0700
On 7/11/2015 4:32 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Damn! I thought I was going to learn something profound about calibrating flat screens. Well, I guess I did but not what I thought.

Now this is the real Reader's Digest version. I have an old X-Rite EZ-Color Suite bought in the land of CRTs. Then I bought my existing Dell 24" IPS flat panel screen. Colors looked great out of the box. I applied the EZ-Color puck and software and somewhere recall reading/hearing/seeing that this CRT thingy might not work so many wonders on the flat panel. It did allow me to go through the process but I don't know that anything ever actually changed. The color looked good going in and looked good coming out. So, I have not a clue whether the ancient CRT era thingy works at all or does anything of value. The color still looks pretty good to my eye and I haven't been inspired to do anything else. What do you think?

Calibration of my Dell 24" IPS using the colormunki went to completion and even offered to let me see a before and after comparison. No difference I could be sure of other than slightly different brightness.

Yours may have worked.

Colorfully Uncertain Moose