Re: [OM] Would you enter these three images?

Subject: Re: [OM] Would you enter these three images?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:19:41 +0100
Although I am late to the party, Ian, I have not seen other comments, and
looked at the images before considering your own comments.

First image - crop out most of the foreground, a large dark area draws
attention away from the main subject. The image to my eyes is lacking in
saturation to justify the colours theme. The tree is, I think, too far to
the left for a pleasing composition, as it competes with the natural focus
of the foot of the hill, rather than counterbalancing the hill in the image.
14/20

Second image - I don't know what I am looking at! Is it the bird, the moon
or the hill? But well exposed! 12/20

Third image - crop out much of the lower cloud/mist area, which does little
to complement the colour, and perhaps distracts. Otherwise, it is well
produced to meet the criteria. 16/20 and maybe 18/20 when cropped.

But judges are usually wrong!

Piers