Re: [OM] Would you enter these three images?

Subject: Re: [OM] Would you enter these three images?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 10:04:43 -0500
Bob wrote:
> Aye, I saw it, and I agree the effect can be had (or mostly had) without
> the new control. That said, I don't much object to the new tool (which I
> still haven't used), because it _may_ simplify things a bit. Then again, it
> may not. I tend to enjoy that shadow/bloack/highlight/clarity/curves stuff.
> This much is true: the more controls you have, the more options you have to
> reclaim your vision.

It's a little more than that. I find these various controls to be
wonderful to just explore options and different interpretations. For
those of you who pre-visualize the final outcome and use only the
necessary tools to achieve that outcome, something like this dehaze
slider is just another widget to ignore.

But I find it exciting to take an image and just play with the various
sliders to see what comes up. Sometimes it's bile, but other times it
ends up being magical. Cranking the slider to +100 has nothing to do
with final outcome, but it does present a vision of something
different that I can then use as a guide to achieve a workable final
image that uses that experiment as a guide to what is possible.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx