Re: [OM] One Big Ass Mistake America

Subject: Re: [OM] One Big Ass Mistake America
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 18:36:06 -0400
Symbols may differ, sentiment is the same. As I recall, the Cliven Bundy
dust-up was out west, and I may be making this up in memory, but I recall a
few confederate flags around. Of course those might have been support
militias dispatched from the south. <g>

Me? Fish? Yes and no. I am not the barbarian Caesar is asked to forgive. I
know the recent unpleasantness tore the nation apart, and many folks who
headed west did so to avoid being unpleasant, or having unpleasantness
visited upon them. Mark Twain comes immediately to mind.

But small-minded bigotry and racism is the same regardless of the
symbolism. A wild west bigot is just as bad as a southern bigot. Maybe
worse. He's likely to have more guns. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal