Re: [OM] One Big Ass Mistake America

Subject: Re: [OM] One Big Ass Mistake America
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 10:15:44 +0200
Thanks Moose,

I read it and then the original transcript - which I found more emotional, I feel its a shame that we didn't adopt the indiginous ways of the world who seemed to respect nature and others more and wonder if we have ended up happier - it makes for sad reading now and as you say should be instilled in all people everywhere. Did the Aborigines write something similar I wonder?

IanW who might be a closet new ager if he knew what it meant but thinks old ager (i.e to learn from the past and not about how old I am) might fit better. Swoon though I did not but maybe I have a different understanding of the word
All perspective.

Of course, all us soft headed new agers and such swoon when we read/hear quotes from Chief Seattle's letter to the US government, "Chief Seattle, Chief of the Suquamish Indians allegedly wrote to the American Government in the 1800's - In this letter he gave the most profound understanding of God in all Things. Here is his letter, which should be instilled in the hearts and minds of every parent and child in all the Nations of the World: <http://www.barefootsworld.net/seattle.html>" <http://www.barefootsworld.net/seattle.html>

And yet, as on all other continents and islands when first settled (invaded?) by homo sapiens, Chief Seattle's ancestors quickly made extinct all the largest native animals.