Re: [OM] File losses

Subject: Re: [OM] File losses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 10:23:58 -0400
No, I don't claim that the primary is perfect. It's possible that I might have deleted something accidentally that I didn't mean to. But my (admittedly not perfect) solution to that is to maintain 3 backup copies and rotate them. I only backup about once/month unless there's something critical I can't afford to lose... but in that case I'd probably also keep the flash card around for quite some time as an additional safety measure. Since I have 3 copies in roughly monthly rotation I have 3 months to discover an error if I made one. But if I did make one I've never found it. So, even if I did make such an error what I lost was probably unimportant. :-)

Also, as I mentioned last time we discussed SyncBack, SyncBack produces a log of its *intended* copy and delete operations before it carries them out. You have every opportunity to review the log before those operations are committed. Also, as I said last time, I've never found an error in the log over perhaps 8 years of operation.

Chuck Norcutt