Re: [OM] Our own little gator

Subject: Re: [OM] Our own little gator
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 14:12:38 -0400
  You are absolutely correct, Chuck. They are indeed a more placid snake
than the Diamondback, but that is a relative thing. They are also far less
common than the Diamondbacks. Many years ago I worked in the zoo at
Charlestowne Landing in Charleston. They only kept animals native to SC,
including snakes. Over the two years I worked there, I had a number of
close calls with some of the animals but nothing that scared me so badly as
when the 7' Eastern Diamondback got away from me when I was cleaning his
enclosure. I never knew I could jump 4' straight up onto a display case.
Amazing what a bolus of adrenalin will do.

Charlie

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx