Re: [OM] Few more CA Moose visit images

Subject: Re: [OM] Few more CA Moose visit images
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 16:26:15 -0400
Ha, missed the spectral eminations, and like your crowed still life. I
discussed the crop of the portrait with Marnie. I appreciate the time spent on
the other changes.  I considered content aware fill for the H2O bottle but
considered it part of the story, such as it is. If you have the .psd file
handy, will replace the file with refined version.  Curiously I did up the
vibrancy a tad adn brought up shadows on initial DXO conversion then ported
tiff to PS, but should have had another layer just for the face.  I don't have
a full handle on the Panny files yet.

<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=16830>

I guess the second one illustrates the "why didn't I trade in for GM-5" a bit
more.  You precisely read my mind.

 I rather liked the framing despite the difficulties--no crop.

Blinded by the Light,
Mike

> Many more to go through
but here are a few:

> Marnie spotted this in a store in Pescadero. The
smirks were disturbing--Imagined that would be  their expression after one of
them squirted Naeglaria  ( also known as the "brain-eating amoeba") up one's
nose and thus doomed to a horrible death from primary amoebic
meningoencephalitis.  Mebbe it's just me.

http://www.olyendomike.com/Travel/California2015/48032469_Fk6MdD#!i=3960497858&k=5LhvBNc&lb=1&s=M

thought they were creepy, too. Marnie's angle is better than the one I
took.

> Marnie spotted another in the store:

http://www.olyendomike.com/Travel/California2015/48032469_Fk6MdD#!i=3960498118&k=nPrsh78&lb=1&s=M

Ah,
but she missed the spectral emanation right near it.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=16853>

Herewith my crowded still
life from Pescadero. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=16847>

Inspired by Nathan and Tina, I tried this one.

http://www.olyendomike.com/Travel/California2015/48032469_Fk6MdD#!i=3960474979&k=697gK6s&lb=1&s=L

Quite
wonderful! While not quite as eye catching as "Cigar Lady", it's all down to
your eye, with no performance artist
collaborator. :-)

It looked to me not
to be quite level. Then, this isn't documentary photography and the bottle is
only water, so it
could go. Then the color could be a little livelier, his
face could be just a bit more visible - - -, and then, if it's
Art we're
after, in a shop or gallery these days, a crop may help ...

<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Usher/CowFish.htm>

> Moose drove
us by a great number of very nice spots.  Here is one.

http://www.olyendomike.com/Travel/California2015/48032469_Fk6MdD#!i=3960475700&k=Hf7VRXX&lb=1&s=M

Ha!
Fun. Here's Mike taking that shot. Which one do you want me to keep in the
gallery, Mike
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=16830>

Or one
titled "I sure wish I had the GM5, with the viewfinder!"?
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=16832>

Just for fun, here's one
of the next photographer to go down for that shot, high stepping back up.

<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=16834>

Pescadero Pigeon
Moose