Re: [OM] Our own little gator

Subject: Re: [OM] Our own little gator
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 12:34:15 -0400
Just as long as everyone knows there’s gators around. <g>

We had a close encounter many years ago at Edisto Island. Joan and I were out
about belly deep with No. 1 Son, who was sixish at the time. I saw a piece of
driftwood a bit south of us that appeared to be “drifting” parallel to the
shore. We got out of the water, took a closer look, and saw it was a
six-to-nine foot gator. Authorities were called. An interesting assortment of
local folk turned up. The gator was brought to shore, but managed to give the
local lads the slip. One of the locals told me to keep the kid very close, that
gators move fast when motivated. A juicy six-year-old apparently was considered
motivation.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal