Re: [OM] OT - Firewall problems with new Win 8.1 box (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Firewall problems with new Win 8.1 box (long)
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 22:37:44 +0000
Yup, Defender is the renamed Security Essentials embedded in Win8.
And the malicious software tool needs downloading and executing each
time you want to use it. (Often you would download to a usb stick on
one machine and run it from the stick on a suspect machine that you
had of course taken off the local network.)
Jez