Re: [OM] OT - Firewall problems with new Win 8.1 box (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Firewall problems with new Win 8.1 box (long)
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 05:08:26 +1030
Chuck,

My experience is much the same as yours :) an occasional check with
malwarebytes maybe turns up something that IE has added.

A number of years ago I installed MSE on my XP machine and removed
everything else after performance became woefully slow (though that
particular major version -8 I think- of AVG appeared to me to be the
cause of my problems).

My W7 machine has never had anything else installed, & I always
recommend this path to anybody who is buying/building a new Windows
machine.

davidt