Re: [OM] CS5 Photoshop advice requested

Subject: Re: [OM] CS5 Photoshop advice requested
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 17:39:16 -0500
Good point. Just breaking the workflow to go to another app would make me unlikely to use it. But I can see a case where it might be useful after all the brightness related bit bending is done. The case I'm thinking of is repair of old B&W prints that are full of scratches, cracks, spots and stains. One of these days I'll figure out a smarter way of doing this than the clone stamp but my attempts at using other PS tools (even with Ctein's help) have been less than stellar. The clone tool can be tedious but it works when used carefully.

This particular case comes to mind <http://www.chucknorcutt.com/restoration.php> The original was an 8x10 glossy print which had been rolled into a cylinder for years and years and then unrolled to create/reveal thousands of cracks in the emulsion. I worked on it on and off for weeks. It was the only existing photograph of a young woman's grandparents.

Chuck Norcutt