Re: [OM] ebay special

Subject: Re: [OM] ebay special
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 13:59:44 -0500
I asked my son and he doesn't know either. But he offers some pure speculation as follows: "I'm not really sure either. Maybe it has something to do with the larger ball possibly being more likely to deflect off the glove and hitting the player in the face. I don't think I have ever heard of a baseball player [hardball] suffering an injury to the face from a deflected ball but I have heard of at least three local girls [softball] who have . . . and they were not wearing masks."

I was surprised that he didn't know as he's fairly active with the kids and their (multiple) sports teams and sometimes acts as a substitute coach or game official.

Chuck Norcutt