Re: [OM] ebay special

Subject: Re: [OM] ebay special
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 13:41:50 -0800
I did some Internet sleuthing. Apparently there have been an increasing
number of girls (especially) being hit in the face with line drives in
softball. Many of those hit have been quite seriously injured. At least one
article said it was because pitcher's mound has been recently relocated to
be about a yard further from the plate, which means batters have more time
to react and are getting more (and more powerful) hits.

Regardless, batter's face masks, and, increasingly the open masks like
those pictured are being recommended for girl's softball for batter, 1st
base, 3rd base and pitcher. Especially 3rd base and the pitcher, who are
the most likely to be struck by a line drive.