Re: [OM] ebay special

Subject: Re: [OM] ebay special
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 01:36:10 -0800
On 12/1/2014 8:14 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
Tried out my new 9-18 ebay special this evening at our favorite beach.

Nice!

Smaller than I expected. Sharper than I expected too. So far I'm liking it just fine. I wish the 14-150 had a better reputation.

So, you didn't expect the 9-18 to be sharp, presumably based on its reputation, no? So why take the rep of the 14-150 at face value? Where is this rep from, anyway?

The 14-150 was my primary lens for a year or so. One body, one main lens, wider
and macro in the bag.

I only let it sit in the drawer after that because of the siren song of the long gun, strong enough to get me using two cameras at once. I was quite pleased with it. No, it's not the 60/2.8, but hardly anything is, and it's darn handy. Chuck reports being pleased with his.

Remember Paul, and the absolute necessity of the f2.8 40-150, 'cause the slower
one wouldn't be any good?

9-18, 12-50 and 40-150 is a nice, small, light kit, but too many lens changes
for me.

Two Gun Moose