Re: [OM] IMGS: My Pantry

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: My Pantry
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 09:15:30 -0600
Moose wrote:

"We also called steel cans coated with tin 'tin cans' and some older folks
still use the term
for steel cans coated with other things. It may also be slang for a rickety
old car."

Or parts of a rickety old car.  I'm rebuilding a 1936 Ford V8 flathead
engine to go into my (not at all rickety) '32 3-window coupe.  The '36
engine cylinders were bored .080" oversize at the factory, and then .040"
thick sleeves were installed in each cylinder.  These thin sleeves became
known as "tin can" sleeves.  Remember, in 1936, tin cans were, well, steel
coated with tin.  Not so with the Ford sleeves, however.  You understand,
y'all?
    Tina--great job on the pantry ceiling!  And stocking the shelves!
Dean