Re: [OM] IMGS: My Pantry

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: My Pantry
From: Marc Lawrence <ozlangur@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 09:57:57 +1100
On 16 November 2014 09:24, Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have this roof on my house, and so does the next house to the south of
> me.
> <https://www.oregonsbestroof.com/metal-roofing/roofing-shingles>

We're building my studio with Colorbond corrugated galvanised steel (roof
and walls), and our house currently is roofed with it. Most houses around
here are roofed with corrugated metal of some variety and age. Using it on
walls is a modern, Australian, architectural style that refers to historic,
rural use, though colours is the relatively modern thing.

http://colorbond.com/explore?tag=61600E80F5A34DEEA170592E0BDADADB
http://colorbond.com/products/roofing

My studio will have dark grey ("Ironstone") walls, and has a red roof
("Manor Red"). That is to say the wall panels are sitting on the ground,
but we've got the roof on.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/parknmeter/sets/72157645399099567/

I'm pleased to say we'd assembled it to this point just prior to our big
wind, and it seemed to survive the approximately 200km/h (124mph) winds
without fault.

We'll end up painting our house to match.

Cheers,
Marc
Snowy Mts, Oz