Re: [OM] IMGS: My Pantry

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: My Pantry
From: ozlangur@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 08:22:38 +1100
> On 15 Nov 2014, at 7:36 am, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> An Americanism, perhaps? We also called steel cans coated with tin 'tin cans'
> and some older folks still use the term for steel cans coated with other
> things. It may also be slang for a rickety old car.

Tin snips, tin roof, a tinny (beer can or a type of small boat), and the
pressed tin ceiling this thread originated with... we use it a bit down here,
almost always related to what is now aluminium but sometimes steel (the "tin
roof" and cladding I'm using on my studio is powder-coated, galvanised steel,
though we're now eroding the trademark of "colorbond" too).

Cheers,
Marc
Snowy Mts, Oz