Re: [OM] OT: RIP Win98/SE

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: RIP Win98/SE
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 17:14:26 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>I had to set up XP mode for a couple of people at work a while back. I'm
>not a fan. That said, it *does* seem to work. It's just awkward and
>off-putting both during setup and in having to recall how to get it started
>to what one wants with it on a regular basis.

     Haven't had any trouble with the Home Edition, but I have bad memories
about trying to get the Pro version to do what I want.  It was on a machine
that was given to me and I guess it was locked up.  I should have just replaced
the hard drive as it was a nice machine, but I had a half dozen to choose from.
 I kept a pair of Dell machines out of that lot, bought a driver CDROM on eBay
for them, and have them in storage in case the Win98/SE machine ever decides to
push daisies.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson