Re: [OM] OT: Biblical Phlooding in Phoenix

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Biblical Phlooding in Phoenix
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 07:14:29 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>I should think that it's utterly miserable to have a home flooded.  We are
>lucky enough to live on a
>hill, only about 100ft amsl enough of a slope to keep the water from pooling
>nearby.

     Yes, it certainly is.  Fortunately, I only had to suffer the inconvenience
of deep water on the streets.

     I'm keeping close watch on our next storm, which will be TS Odile, that is
presently forming off the Mexican coast:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=epac&fdays=5

     I'm watching the morning CBS national news showing the storm damage in the
Las Vegas area.  Large sections of Interstate 15 northeast of LV have been
swept away, stranding numerous vehicles.  And we have two deaths attributed to
the storm, one in Tucson.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson