Re: [OM] OT: Biblical Phlooding in Phoenix

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Biblical Phlooding in Phoenix
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 18:26:12 -0400
That's a lot of water for your area. I remember tropical storm Bob (later a Hurricane) when it passed over my house in Florida in July 1985 (I had just moved in). It dropped 12.5 inches at my house in 12 hours. It dropped 20.5 inches at Everglades City further south. The next day (at my house at least) you could hardly tell we'd had that kind of rainfall. Living on sand piled on porous limestone helps take the water away.

Chuck Norcutt