Re: [OM] OT: Biblical Phlooding in Phoenix

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Biblical Phlooding in Phoenix
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 15:39:31 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>That's a lot of water for your area.  I remember tropical storm Bob
>(later a Hurricane) when it passed over my house in Florida in July 1985
>(I had just moved in).  It dropped 12.5 inches at my house in 12 hours.
>  It dropped 20.5 inches at Everglades City further south.  The next day
>(at my house at least) you could hardly tell we'd had that kind of
>rainfall.  Living on sand piled on porous limestone helps take the water
>away.

     I just got back from visiting the credit union, and some of the
residential streets are still blocked off due to flooding.  I did get a good
look at the intersection where I decided to bail out of the sidestreets.  The
water there this morning was up to the foundation of the one house, and now
that it has drained away I can see that it was about 2 1/2 feet deep, which is
well above the bottom of my doors.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson