Re: [OM] TPE - I guess this is old news ...

Subject: Re: [OM] TPE - I guess this is old news ...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 08:53:25 -0400
This whole browser synchronization thing sounds to me like an ill-advised venture. This degree of synchronization with an arbitrary array of (quite possibly amateur written) apps all acting independently would be difficult to carry off even at the OS level. In fact, I think this synchronization thing is probably written by amateurs.

The only real value I see (for myself) is synchronization of bookmarks. But that is easily done by occasionally synchronizing manually. The degree of utility gained by instantaneous synchronization of a bookmark or two seems not worth the complexity. (at least to me).

Chuck Norcutt