Re: [OM] OT: eNay Woes Once Again

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: eNay Woes Once Again
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 22:53:21 -0700
On 8/11/2014 5:51 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
I have several saved searches, none have changed on their own, ever.

      Then you simply have not been paying attention to the content of those
emailings.

That's simply insulting. It also makes assumptions that are not, to my mind valid, such as that whatever you are seeing is what others are seeing. Sounds narcissistic to me.

Now you admit you are with the NSA, and reading my emails? :-) If they are incomprehensible, it's the equipment/software you are using, 'cause that ain't so here.

  What they started sending early last week is almost incomprehensible.

I generally receive two or three a day. I look at nearly every one to determine if I'm interested. They changed the format recently, so they look different, but are all perfectly readable, both text and images. That's true on Windoze/Firefox/Yahoo, Windoze/Thunderbird and on iPhone/Yahoo Mail.

Just make my first bid/purchase on my iPhone a couple of weeks ago, while
sitting in camp in a redwood grove. Kool.

What they had before that was the same as it was about five years ago before
they embarked on changing it every 3-4 months for entertainment.

Now you are being silly. The 'Bay is a big business. You can bet no changes go through without justification and extensive testing. Entertainment is not justification. The continued success of the business, and continued employment of management and tech staff, depends on keeping it possible, easy even, for people to buy things. The 'N' word rises in my mind again - all that matters is how it affects one person. If it isn't to his liking, it is, by definition, frivolous, or perhaps even malicious. Well, malicious would invoke the 'P' word.

Although comprehensible, I don't think the new format is any better than the old, but no worse, either. I can see the picture, description and price and can click on it to go to the web site (PC) or app (iThingies). What more do I need?

Ain't Lyin' Moose