Re: [OM] OT: eNay Woes Once Again

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: eNay Woes Once Again
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 19:31:11 +0000 (UTC)
I use IE, and not the latest version.  Works like it always has.

----- Original Message -----From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Olympus Camera
Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 13:05:12 -0000
(UTC)Subject: Re: [OM] OT: eNay Woes Once Again

>>Strange. I have never had a problem on that site. >

I hadn't either until about 3-4 years ago. It all began when they disabled the
Buy-it-Now feature and made a system announcement about it. Since then, there
have been significant changes every 3-4 months, most of which are completely
unnecessary. At times they'll disable the messaging system, which can be a lot
of fun. For the sellers that I buy items from repeatedly I have their regular
email addresses so as to do an end run around eBay.

Some of the changes have been a result of their migration to the latest and
greatest IE browser, so I keep my Firefox updated regularly. That usually
resolves the problem, but what happened with them yesterday evening resulted in
nothing but "page not found" errors, so it may have been a server failure. Lost
out on getting a Suntour freewheel that I was wanting for making customised
freewheels. Fortunately for me, that freewheel did not sell so I might be able
to pull off a post-auction sale, provided the messaging system has not been
disabled. Or I'll just have to wait for it to be relisted, which could take
months. I did manage to get a unique French handlebar just before they crashed,
so I'll try to be happy with that.

Chris

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Hunter S. Thompson--