Re: [OM] OT: eNay Woes Once Again

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: eNay Woes Once Again
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 06:05:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Strange.  I have never had a problem on that site.

     I hadn't either until about 3-4 years ago.  It all began when they
disabled the Buy-it-Now feature and made a system announcement about it.  Since
then, there have been significant changes every 3-4 months, most of which are
completely unnecessary.  At times they'll disable the messaging system, which
can be a lot of fun.  For the sellers that I buy items from repeatedly I have
their regular email addresses so as to do an end run around eBay.

     Some of the changes have been a result of their migration to the latest
and greatest IE browser, so I keep my Firefox updated regularly.  That usually
resolves the problem, but what happened with them yesterday evening resulted in
nothing but "page not found" errors, so it may have been a server failure.
Lost out on getting a Suntour freewheel that I was wanting for making
customised freewheels.  Fortunately for me, that freewheel did not sell so I
might be able to pull off a post-auction sale, provided the messaging system
has not been disabled.  Or I'll just have to wait for it to be relisted, which
could take months.  I did manage to get a unique French handlebar just before
they crashed, so I'll try to be happy with that.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson