Re: [OM] OT new TV advice

Subject: Re: [OM] OT new TV advice
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 20:25:47 -0400
I can't even say the name of the products.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt

On 8/8/2014 5:07 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
Thanks for the responses. After doing some more research this is what
I'm thinking.

-TV: we get one 1080i and a couple more 480 channels relayed from local
PBS via antennae on nearby mtn. No desire for any "upgrade".

-CRT: not going to purchase or even accept a freebie. Logistics in a
rural area alone make that an no-brainer. Already have a perfectly
functioning 1080i set that I'll probably have to pay to dump. Simply
switching it for one with HDMI input makes no sense. I think any CRT set
is analogue anyway with a built in converter at the HDMI input

-leaning toward waiting for 4k to shake out and prices to come down and
totally bypassing 1080p. (thanks IanW) Something like 4k is probably
where things are headed but not sure yet. Don't want to be stuck with
BetaMax.

-above decision partly precipitated by finding much cheaper
digital>>analogue converters now available. This will allow me to hook
up to the computer. What do all y'all think about the following choices?
others?

cheep:
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JVJLEP6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2Z7U5IXFFJX5A>

spendy: