Re: [OM] OT new TV advice

Subject: Re: [OM] OT new TV advice
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 15:16:33 -0500
On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Sawyer, Edward <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree, Plasma spanks LCD in pretty much all ways that matter. Faster
> refresh rate, better brightness ratio, less motion artifacting, etc.
>
> We got a 50" panasonic plasma for about $599 a couple years ago.

You can't do that anymore.  Panasonic pulled the plug on their plasma
business last year.  Samsung just announced that the last one of theirs
leaves the factory in November.  LG is the only holdout, and they've been
extremely quiet about any future plans, so they'll probably be following
suit.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie