Re: [OM] OT new TV advice

Subject: Re: [OM] OT new TV advice
From: Siddiq Siddiqui-Ali <muhammad.siddiqui-ali@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 03:35:01 +0000
I guess that's another determination--how much usage is planned. I watch maybe
a movie or two per month, so total runtime is less than 5 hours, and the 300
odd watts (for the TV) is worth it for me.

I think a lot of people missed the fact that the recommended CRT tv was HD.
It's pretty much the only 16:9 HD monitor that's tube based. I feed  it HD
signals from blu-ray discs or Netflix. It might only be 34" but the image is
astounding.

Getting back to Mike: look at the Samsung F5300 which should tick all the
boxes. The Vizio E something series is also worth looking at.

Siddiq