Re: [OM] OT new TV advice

Subject: Re: [OM] OT new TV advice
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 12:39:52 +0800
Actually, I use HD projector for serious movies, TV screen is a little too
small to enjoy good movies. My HDTV is mainly for TV programs, we watch TV
around 4 hours a day. Even the electricity cost is not high I just feel
unfortable to use CRT especially in summer time when the temperature is
high. If your TV usage rate is so low then there is no problem.

If one don't mind slightly higher power consumption, get a plasma from
Panasonic, it is better than most LCD TV.

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Siddiq Siddiqui-Ali" <muhammad.siddiqui-ali@xxxxxxx>

I guess that's another determination--how much usage is planned. I watch
maybe a movie or two per month, so total runtime is less than 5 hours, and
the 300 odd watts (for the TV) is worth it for me.

I think a lot of people missed the fact that the recommended CRT tv was
HD. It's pretty much the only 16:9 HD monitor that's tube based. I feed
it HD signals from blu-ray discs or Netflix. It might only be 34" but the
image is astounding.

Getting back to Mike: look at the Samsung F5300 which should tick all the
boxes. The Vizio E something series is also worth looking at.

Siddiq