Re: [OM] OT new TV advice

Subject: Re: [OM] OT new TV advice
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 18:00:20 -0700
Yep. The only folks that care to conform with the spec are the equipment
manufacturers, who in my opinion shouldn't have caved in and should have
taken the same approach taken when they introduced VCRs. That resulted in
litigation that gave people the right to produce backup copies without all
the hassle attendant upon HDMI now. Since the legal principal was already
decided, there was no real reason for them to have given in.