Re: [OM] OT new TV advice

Subject: Re: [OM] OT new TV advice
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 14:23:00 +0800
Yes, you are right, as you already have a receiver with 4 HDMI input, you may just put the HDMI-Component converter in between the receiver and TV. Cheaper 1-input converter will work but it is better to get one with good reviews.

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Lazzari" <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes, CH you are exactly right. I thought it would be easy to attach the WD Live box with the hdmi cable and then run component cables from the receiver to the TV. Not! I didn't even bother with the composite for the reason you state, 480p. It was easy to run component directly to the TV from the DVD player and just run the audio through the receiver. But no way to stream to this TV. Looks like I'll spring for the 'spendy' converter. Plug the WD Live box to the receiver hdmi IN. Run the hdmi OUT of the receiver to converter IN and then component to the TV. That way anything I send to the receiver gets converted. Actually there is converter with only one hdmi input which is a little cheaper which would work fine in this setup. ..I think.

Mike