Re: [OM] Statistics

Subject: Re: [OM] Statistics
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 19:34:51 -0400
Maybe Don can answer the E-M1 question. I handled his several months ago but didn't think to check for that problem.

Chuck Norcutt

On 7/15/2014 5:03 PM, Moose wrote:
On 7/14/2014 2:01 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Same goes for Chuck which brings up a glitch in the E-M5... it's too
easy to accidentally move the focus point. Fortunately, it's obvious
that you did so when you try to take a shot but you still have to
correct it on the fly.  Is the E-M1 better in that respect?

I don't know about the E-M1. It seems to be part of the µ4/3 consortium
spec., "Lets all have a feature that will drive most users crazy!", as
all the Pens and the two Pannys I have all have the same issue.

Accidentally touch the left 'button' function of the rear wheel or touch
the screen at some unspecified moment and POOF!, the focus point moves
to a random place.

Learning to hold the cameras carefully may help. A firmware fix to turn
the focal point move function off seems unfortunately unlikely. Somebody
out there in manufacturer land must love it.

If The E-M1 fixes this, I might find it more appealing, in spite of the
huge grip and paying for PD AF I'll never use. The E-PM2 still has the
problem, so the E-PL5 must, too.

What Focus Moose