Re: [OM] Statistics

Subject: Re: [OM] Statistics
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 01:48:01 +0000 (UTC)
I don't hit them accidently.  I remember what they were for on 4/3 cameras and
automatically push them expecting something else to happen.   :-)

----- Original Message -----From: Chuck Norcutt
<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: Olympus Camera Discussion
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 23:34:51 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
Re: [OM] Statistics

Maybe Don can answer the E-M1 question. I handled his several months ago but
didn't think to check for that problem.

Chuck Norcutt

On 7/15/2014 5:03 PM, Moose wrote:> On 7/14/2014 2:01 PM, Chuck Norcutt
wrote:>> Same goes for Chuck which brings up a glitch in the E-M5... it's too>>
easy to accidentally move the focus point. Fortunately, it's obvious>> that you
did so when you try to take a shot but you still have to>> correct it on the
fly. Is the E-M1 better in that respect?>> I don't know about the E-M1. It
seems to be part of the &micro;4/3 consortium> spec., "Lets all have a feature
that will drive most users crazy!", as> all the Pens and the two Pannys I have
all have the same issue.>> Accidentally touch the left 'button' function of the
rear wheel or touch> the screen at some unspecified moment and POOF!, the focus
point moves> to a random place.>> Learning to hold the cameras carefully may
help. A firmware fix to turn> the focal point move function off seems
unfortunately unlikely. Somebody> out there in manufacturer land must love
it.>> If The E-M1 fixes this, I might find it more appealing, in s
 pite of the> huge grip and paying for PD AF I'll never use. The E-PM2 still
has the> problem, so the E-PL5 must, too.>> What Focus Moose>--