Re: [OM] Converting Raw files

Subject: Re: [OM] Converting Raw files
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 17:28:31 -0500
Ramfeezled Whitmire wrote:
> Point taken, but what I was hinting at is the very real possibility that in
> the not very distant future I intend to put away my gizmos and whizbangers
> and settle back into a life of contemplation, writing, and occasional forays
> into image making, but without all the mass production facilities that bugger
> up my days.

You are I are both at the stage where this is "work".

> Your are precisely correct that the current subscription is not to be sneered
> at, at least not too much. Right now, I get the latest, greatest PS CC and LR
> for 10 bucks a month, or $120 a year. Not so bad, as long as I remember to
> check and see what the latest actually brings me. I know there’s new stuff in
> there, but so far I haven’t been bothered to find out what it is. My bad. <g>

Oh, that means you haven't seen the new Spheropygian adjustment layer.
With just one click you can turn anybody into Jennifer Lopez.

> At some point, it just won’t be worth the hassle. I’ll flush it all, try to
> get as much money for it as I can, and settle in with some respectable
> image-making system—probably Fuji, the way the stars are lining up—and call
> it a day for Bob Whitmire Photography. If I can talk a gallery or two into
> maintaing my presence, I will reduce it to a few high-quality, expensive
> prints done by one lab or another. And, of course, this list and the
> excellent TOPE gallery, which is an excellent place to hang one’s images for
> general perusal.

Within two years, it's history. Once you've sold off most of the
inventory, you'll just cut a deal with somebody for the rest and walk
away from it all. You'll send off one or two pictures to the lab to
get printed, maybe once a year, and call it a life.

> Joan is planning to retire at the first of the year, and I can assure you,
> time spent in her company is much more rewarding than time spent with my
> camera.

That'll last a few days before she tells you to go take pictures or
start a new hobby of copoclephily.

> Shucks, I haven’t even bothered to drool over the new Nikon D810.

I must admit that there is just something creepy cool about the new
A7S. What it lacks in megapickels, it makes up for in other ways. Full
electronic shutter being a major draw.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx