Re: [OM] Cars

Subject: Re: [OM] Cars
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 14:45:30 -0700
On 6/28/2014 2:24 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
Oh no I haven't - I even considered buying the thing as it is such an
outrageous cultural object and, sometimes, I like the idea of being just a
little outrageous. But living in a rural, hilly area with steep driveways, I
suspect that the monster pick-up truck that he is also selling would be more
appropriate. Converted to LPG of course. There are bends that the Caddy
couldn't get around and humps and bumps that would ground the floorpan in the
middle.

How sad for you. ;-) I'll bet my later, smaller, more efficient, and possibly more reliable '95 Olds convertible could handle it.

From the last year Olds made a convertible and not long before their demise, it's still going strong 19 years later. It's been surprisingly reliable, especially considering that Consumer Reports had it on their list of cars to avoid when I bought it. None of the cars not on that list had the combination of factors I wanted - and it's all worked out.

I'm wondering if it will be a minor classic one day. :-)

Open Air Moose

PS: I think it will be so hot down Bakersfield way this coming week that we'll
have the top up most of the time.