Re: [OM] Apple stops development of Aperture

Subject: Re: [OM] Apple stops development of Aperture
From: ozlangur@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 09:58:52 +1000
> On 28 Jun 2014, at 9:49 am, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hence my smiley. I know I am not alone, but in a small minority, among those
> who find LR, and probably Aperture, and all the many others that give me just
> a bunch of sliders and no layers, masks etc. (And, yes, I HATE Nik's control
> points and their clones.)

Ah, yes. I should've remembered what you've said in the past about the sliders
and Nik's control points. I like them, but it is not a relative thing. Which is
to say I've never used masks & layers sufficiently to make knowledgeable
comparison. But that's also why I suspect I'll go the LR/PS bundle. I liked a
demo of PS5 years ago. I wonder if it's changed much. :)

>> One of the advantage of the plugins is that they plug in to both Aperture
>> and LR. And I'd the impression LR was equal of (or better, with more
>> development, than) Aperture. I'll have to download it and look.
>
> I suspect you'll like it.

I suspect I will too. I suspect I'll like PS more, dammit (I both love & dread
being at the bottom of a learning curve).

Cheers,
Marc