Re: [OM] Apple stops development of Aperture

Subject: Re: [OM] Apple stops development of Aperture
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 20:45:30 -0700
On 6/27/2014 4:58 PM, ozlangur@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 28 Jun 2014, at 9:49 am, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hence my smiley. I know I am not alone, but in a small minority, among those
who find LR, and probably Aperture, and all the many others that give me just a
bunch of sliders and no layers, masks etc. (And, yes, I HATE Nik's control
points and their clones.)
Ah, yes. I should've remembered what you've said in the past about the sliders
and Nik's control points. I like them, but it is not a relative thing.

I don't dislike sliders, per se. I dislike having ONLY sliders that affect the whole, or at best some nebulously defined portion of it, with the effects spilling over outside the area I want to modify.

Which is to say I've never used masks & layers sufficiently to make
knowledgeable comparison. But that's also why I suspect I'll go the LR/PS bundle. I
liked a demo of PS5 years ago. I wonder if it's changed much. :)

The basic way of operation is the same. They have added or added to several
tools that make it much more powerful.

Masked Moose