Re: [OM] Apple stops development of Aperture

Subject: Re: [OM] Apple stops development of Aperture
From: ozlangur@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 08:20:51 +1000
> On 28 Jun 2014, at 5:39 am, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Oh!  That's very depressing.  I dislike LR, but I suspect that I shall not
> want to use "photos.app".

My thought exactly. And I'm wondering if my purchased plugins will also
migrate. I'll wait and see what the app is like and what the plugin people do.

> Oh well, there is always Graphic Converter, which is steadily becoming more
> capable.

I suspect I'll end up sleeping with the devil and renting from Adobe. I feel
about them the way I feel about Sony - a sense of impending "being screwed"*
about to happen, but damn they make some good products.

So how easy is it to migrate to Lightroom?

(*Yes, I'm aware of the irony, no need to point it out. ;) )

Cheers,
Marc